Delta Fire Systems is a subsidiary of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP). WSFP and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Union 669 Fire Sprinkler Apprentice
Insurance and other benefits through offered through Local 669 Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Description: Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry. This includes the installation and repair of fire sprinkler systems. We need a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. The apprentice will complete a 5 year formal NFSA apprenticeship program under the supervision of a foreman. This is a bargaining unit position, defined as a Building Trades classification by 669.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
- Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems
- Travel within the United States to work on various locations/job sites as necessary
- 669 is called “Road Sprinkler Fitters” which includes road installation work on projects which may be months at a time in a state away from your home. You must be willing to travel if called upon.
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- Responsible for operating safely
- Regular communication with job foreman and a willingness to learn from him/her.
- Must complete formal book work and study program for 5 years through NFSA apprenticeship program. Must attend JATC training sessions and union meetings.
- Must become a member of the UA Local Union 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma OR GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds
- Willing to climb ladders
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Willingness to study and learn NFPA 13
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor