Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
The Food Reservoir Warehouse Technician is responsible for assisting with all phases of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse. The main focus of the position will be preparing and loading our partner agency’s orders into their vehicles. Maintaining a clean warehouse based on food safety guidelines is key as well as accuracy in receiving product and maintaining inventory. This position actively interacts with partner agencies, retail food donors and volunteers. In addition, the Warehouse Technician follows all Feeding America, AIB, and Food Reservoir food safety and safe driving requirements along with completion of all required daily documentation.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; $14.85 - $16.18 per hour
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely transport food products using the agency vehicle (both donations pick up and deliveries as requested by Supervisor).
- Maintain proper storage and distribution of warehouse products in compliance with Feeding America’s food safety guidelines.
- Responsible for tracking maintenance of a vehicle, proper fuel levels, documenting mileage, and communicating any repairs or vehicle checks needed on vehicles, tires, and equipment used to Operations/Warehouse Manager.
- Respond to a team member, partner agency, and supervisor needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the food reservoir vehicle and the warehouse in compliance with AIB Food Safety Standards.
- Pick agency orders for distribution as needed.
- Follow inventory controls to ensure efficiencies and quality inventory control.
- Properly document required temperature check, poundage, and item donation documentation and submit daily reports as required by food reservoir, Feeding American and AIB.
- Follow all warehouse rules and inventory controls according to a FIFO (First In – First Out) system.
- Operate a forklift and electric pallet jack to complete the necessary work.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work attitude with team members, retail donors, Partner Agencies, and management staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Degree and:
- 1-year related experience, preferably in food warehousing and/or delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and customer orders.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to follow and communicate instructions.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems with flexibility.
- Experience operating a forklift and electric pallet jack.
Skills and/or Abilities
Ability to read and write and keep records utilizing basic mathematical skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Proof of valid Driver’s license
- Proof of valid personal car insurance