Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
The FAS Maintenance Mechanic must have Mechanical, Instrumentation and Electronics knowledge and be experience sufficiently to repair and maintain our fleet of Fuel Automation Station units (FAS) with the end result of reducing downtime and increasing safety. Must be able to inspect, audit, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair situations that occur in our FAS Fleet. The FAS Maintenance Mechanic reports to Terminal Manager
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must have own hand and pneumatic tools including a Digital Meter.
- Advanced knowledge of Cummins diesel generator engine repairs. Able to diagnose and repair.
- Strong knowledge and ability of electrical diagnostics and repair procedures
- In-depth working knowledge of Computer and Electronical systems and diagnostic procedures. Able to diagnose and repair Electronical systems. Able to download and upload software.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to use diagnostics software for engine and electronical platforms
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Class A CDL desired
- Conduct general maintenance and preventive maintenance on FAS units.
- Able to inspect, troubleshoot, conduct diagnostics and repair electrical issues
- Ensure that all repairs and PM's are completed according to the manufacturers’ and FAS specification and guidelines
- Ensure FAS and work area is clean after each job
- Ensure all work documentation conforms to Atlas Oil policies
- Should be able to work independently
- The FAS Maintenance Mechanic may be asked to participate in any other related task or activity which management determines his/her skills would be useful or needed.
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering experience a plus along with general diesel mechanics.
- Preferred 3 years of I&E and mechanical experience
- Experience in a team-oriented, collaborative work groups
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Working knowledge of current computer and IT technology to include Microsoft, Excel, Outlook (emailing) and diagnostic software.
- Work week may exceed 40 hours per week
- Standing, stooping, bending, doing work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Some travel may be required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.