W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Project Manager in the Richmond, Virginia area with at least 10 years of commercial construction experience. Project Managers supervise all trade partners and work closely with all members of the project team to form an effective management team for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all project activities with the Superintendent and Project Team.
- Oversee and manage all project finances and contract documents.
- Prepare and maintain the project schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and implement the project budget.
- Supervise submittal log and process.
- Schedule and conduct regular owner and subcontractor meetings.
- Review and process all subcontractor RFI’s and RFP’s for approval.
- Prepare, distribute and acquire approval of all Owner Change Order requests.
- Develop and distribute all subcontractor Change Orders and associated budget revisions.
- Develop and distribute monthly Owner Applications for payment.
- Supervise all project administrative logs and close-out activities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at varying stages within a development cycle.
- Lead and enforce W.M. Jordan safety standards and requirements.
- Manage a project team, provide oversight, direction and mentoring.
- Ability to identify and resolve all project issues and problems.
- Manage the project schedule to a timely and successful completion.
- Manage green building requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- S. Building Construction Management or other related curriculum.
- Five (5)+ years commercial construction experience as a Project Manager.
- Experience managing $20 Million + projects.
- Experience in Construction Estimating, accounting and document administration.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, BlueBeam and various scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera, Phoenix).
- Experience with COINS, Autodesk Viewers and SharePoint preferred but not required.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling.
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participant in a team environment.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer