About Wealth Enhancement Group
Wealth Enhancement Group is a Greater Minneapolis-based independent wealth management firm offering comprehensive and customized financial planning and investment management services. Founded in 1997, Wealth Enhancement Group serves clients nationwide and continues to expand into new regions each year. Wealth Enhancement Group specializes in providing retail clients with the team-based expertise and resources they need to simplify their financial life.
Our purpose and mission is to work together to improve our clients’ lives by seeking to provide them the best possible financial advice. We are firm believers in the meaning behind teamwork. We share perspectives and explore every point of view, because the best ideas are born from collaboration. We constantly push ourselves and each other. We strive to be much more than your typical financial services firm. We strive to be the best.
Our Atlanta, GA office is looking for a Behavioral Wealth Specialist. The primary function of a Behavioral Wealth Specialist is to help our clients make more considered decisions by exploring the underlying reasoning and biases that influence them. This individual is responsible for working with our clients to increase their confidence and minimize behavioral biases to ensure that they are using all their resources, not just money, to make decisions that are aligned with their overall goals and objectives.
The Behavioral Wealth model recognizes that money matters, it’s just not all that matters. It is the integration of exceptional investment advice + outstanding wealth management + the wisdom of behavioral science.
This opportunity has a hybrid work option.
Behavioral Wealth Analysis, Coaching
- Assists clients in making better decisions by exploring the underlying reasoning and biases that influence them
- Assists clients in identifying their deepest values and in using these values as a framework for making decisions.
- Helps clients identify the non-financial costs and benefits when faced with a decision
- Uses a systemic approach to confidently guide complex, emotional conversations with clients, whether the client be an individual, couple, or family.
- Drives discussions related to the emotional components of financial decision making as they relate to market volatility, estate planning, charitable giving, and retirement.
- Creates supportive and non-judgmental relationships with clients
- Applies knowledge of human behavior in evaluating clients progress towards their goals, specifically focusing on the needs of affluent families
- Implements a service model with clients that includes steps to address and mitigate behavioral biases
- Collaborates with advisors to deliver a complete Behavioral Wealth Management experience
- Dedication to ongoing learning in areas of financial psychology and Behavioral Wealth Management along with the ability to quickly learn and put into practice Behavioral Wealth Management tools.
Travel Requirement – May need to travel (or be available) to other offices to work with Advisors and clients.
Education | Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling
- 5+ years’ experience in providing individual, couples, or family therapy, ideally with high-net families
- Certified Coaching Credentials - Nice to have; however not required.
- Strong understanding of positive psychology, subjective well-being, psychology of money, and/or behavioral finance is a plus
- Dedication to ongoing learning in areas of financial psychology and Behavioral Wealth Management
- Willingness to learn basic financial literacy concepts
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients and co-workers
- Ability to assert self professionally and engage clients in discussion through thoughtful questioning.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work flow and projects; able to work with deadlines and be flexible
- Ability to work as a team member; positive solution-focused attitude.