HEI Civil is a full-service civil construction source headquartered in Castle Rock, Colorado. We offer a full range of construction services, including heavy civil highway construction, commercial, residential, oil field, site development, dams and reservoirs, parks, and golf courses.
We are looking for a highly motivated Flagger to add to our team. The successful candidate will have great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours. Must be observant, organized, detailed oriented, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control the flow of traffic around construction sites.
• Use hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic.
• Assist with placing equipment/warning/detour signs/barricades/traffic cones.
• Communicate with construction crew of any safety hazards.
• Follow supervisor directions as assigned.
• Communicating with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
• Safety conscious, proficient with directions, communication, and general math.
• Implement traffic control plans.
• Removing all signs/barricades/and traffic cones upon completion of construction work
• Assist in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
• Continue learning and strengthening skills.
• Recording the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and
• Hands-on, self-sufficient and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
• Overtime, night, and weekend work may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED (preferred).
• Current Flagger certification with past Flagger experience.
• Basic understanding of safe work practices.
• Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
• Professional communication, proficient conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and be willing to drive/work in Denver and surrounding areas.
• Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
• Must have ability to lift weight of at least 50lbs.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Physically capable of performing required work.
• Exceptional observation and communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Must pass drug screening.
Pay Rate: $18-$20/hour; Pay Based on Experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Sick Leave, 401K
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt