Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity Leave
Fire Protection Project Manager and Designer
This individual will design, coordinate, and project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. This person will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems.
This job is located in Idaho Falls, ID. Must be willing to relocate if outside of this area.
• Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
• Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
• Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
• Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
• Perform hydraulic calculations
• Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
• Maintain design historical records and historical records for all functions for future use
• Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
• Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
• Conduct long range project planning and scheduling
• Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
• Directly manage field labor force of assigned project to assure maximum productivity
• Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
• Ensure proper staffing is in place on each project
• Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements
• Make sure change orders/change estimates are completed in timely manner
• Monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
• Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
• Assist/lead during field check stage of the project
• Forecast future manpower requirements
• Oversee work of subcontractors
• Ensure work complies with codes and permits
• Administer construction contracts, approve work quality and payment requests
• Report to owner and general contractor about progress and any necessary modifications required
• Recommend improvements in project management procedures and overall company business practices
• Construction Management degree or applicable other degree from a technical school or college
• NICET certification required. Either “In Training”, or NICET Level I, II, III, or IV certified.
• Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
• Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
• Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of fire sprinkler design and project management experience
• Supervisory experience is a plus
• Three years experience in commercial, industrial, and residential design is required
• Detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
• Willing to coordinate and work well with others
• Possess excellent communication skills-written and verbal
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
** Must be willing to relocate to Idaho Falls, ID if not already living in the region.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor