PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Benefits are through the local union organization.
Local 669 Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice
Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry and International Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants for this position.
• Learn to install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
• Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems
• Travel within the state of Alabama to work on various locations/job sites; as necessary
• Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
• Willing to become a member of the UA Local Union 669 Sprinkler Fitters
• At least 18 years old
• High school diploma or GED required
• No prior experience is required
• Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
• Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing to climb ladders; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Strong mechanical background is preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check; if applicable
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran