Geosyntec is growing in Michigan, and we are looking for an Environmental Engineer or Scientist for our contaminated site assessment and remediation practice, with opportunities to join either our Ann Arbor or Detroit, Michigan office. Our ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of relevant experience. If you’re looking to supercharge your career at a place where you can contribute to a dynamic and rewarding employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized experts - Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project planning and coordination including subcontractor procurement, sampling and health and safety plan development, project management support with client and regulatory interfacing;
- Mentoring and training of junior staff in the field and office;
- Coordination and oversight of site investigation, remediation, and environmental construction projects;
- Preparation of written documents such as proposals, workplans, cost estimates and investigative reports; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities such as presentations and conference attendance.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50% (typically less)
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, earth science (geology or hydrology), environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Engineer in training (EIT), geologist in training (GIT), or similar certification. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E, P.G.) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Applied consulting experience in planning and performing field investigations (e.g., drilling, logging, well installation, soil, and groundwater sampling, etc.) (required)
- Applied experience with post investigation data compilation and evaluation and report preparation. (required)
- Demonstrated strong interest in contaminant remediation and/or quantitative hydrogeology. (preferred)
- An outstanding track record for task management, client interaction, and technical leadership. (preferred)
- Experience with visualization tools (AutoCAD ArcGIS) and/or groundwater flow and geochemical modeling (Modflow, MT3D, geochemical equilibrium models). (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits