At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Sales Representative - Fire Sprinkler Systems at our office in Albany, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEMS
Responsible for estimating costs of promotion and sale of fire protection systems and products to developers, contractors, and end users.
- Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings & specifications
- Secure plans & designs for developing pricing & proposals
- Maintain contact with contractors & work to expand contractor bids
- Establish contact with prospects and potential buyers by scheduling sales calls & following up on leads
- Develop positive ongoing relationships with new & existing customers
- Define customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customers for service & inspections
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives
- Develop & maintain an active proposal backlog
- Other duties as assigned
- Willing to coordinate with other departments in the company, along with owners and General Contractors
- Ability to analyze, assess and address customer needs
- Self-starter with commitment to excellence
- Must be familiar with NFPA codes and standards.
- Must possess a valid, clean driver’s license
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years of experience in fire sprinkler sales design and/or project management
- Experience in commercial, residential and industrial areas of the fire protection industry preferred
- High School diploma or GED.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Mostly quiet office environment, but may have moderate noise with computers, printers, and light traffic)
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, reaching, and stretching occur daily
- Travel to and from customer locations
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"