At Eastern Fire, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co., we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Sprinkler FItter at our office in Bangor, ME. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
FIRE SPRINKLER FITTER
Fire Sprinkler Fitters are primarily responsible to install integrated overhead piping systems for fire suppression as well as maintain and repair all types of fire sprinkler systems and their components. While the majority of this work is automatic sprinkler systems, they also install and service a wide variety of other fire protection systems and equipment such as standpipes, clean agent, and foam systems.
- Blue print reading
- In-depth knowledge in all applicable NFPA codes especially NFPA 13; 13R; 13D; 14; and 20
- Communicating with owners, job superintendents, and project managers relating to schedule and project requirements
- Install overhead sprinkler piping, standpipe systems, sprinkler system risers, and specialty fire protection systems.
- Secure hangers & seismic bracing to the building structure
- Install pre-fabricated main and line piping per fire protection drawings and applicable codes & standards
- Measure, cut, and thread or groove piping when not pre-fabricated or for modifications
- Join piping with proper fittings
- Install sprinkler heads per drawings and within code allowances
- Build system risers to include any backflow prevention, dry pipe or alarm valve set up, control valves, bells, drains, and if applicable fire pump and stored water supply.
- Coordinate with other trades to resolve conflicts
- Address modifications required due to project scope changes
- Manage and train any fire sprinkler apprentices that may be working with the fitter
- Test any new system per NFPA and complete the applicable forms
- Perform instructions to the owners on system operation and maintenance
- Physically able to perform trade work
- Valid driver’s license
- Working out of town/ nights/ weekends/ holidays & on-call
- Reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Appropriate attire – per company handbook
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards relevant to systems and equipment being installed / inspected / maintained
- Minimum 5 years’ experience installing sprinkler systems
- Ability to work at various heights off ladders and lifts – possibly as high as 100 ft.
Typical work conditions are:
Most work is at the ceiling level using ladders and lift platforms at heights ranging from 8-20 feet and in some cases up to 100 feet. The work is performed at varying degrees of height indoors between the roofs and ceilings of buildings or outside installing underground pipe work in a variety of weather conditions. Work requires physical stamina with considerable climbing, bending and carrying heavy pieces of pipe while working in elements ranging from hot boiler rooms to unheated open buildings. Apprentices receive safety training to improve manual dexterity in handling the tools of the trade without injury and to reduce the risk of injuries from falls.
- On time
- Good communication with supervisors, project managers, job superintendents, owners, and apprentices
- Teaching apprentices – general sprinkler knowledge, workmanship, physical duties, safety, and utilizing tools etc
- Jobsite work area maintained clean and organized
- Truck kept in working order – clean, organized, and properly stocked
- Tools kept in working order
- Pride in workmanship
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"