At Eastern Fire Group (a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer) we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Eastern Fire/Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Technician at our office in Auburn, ME. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test, inspect and service fire alarm systems
- Identify & troubleshoot fire alarm deficiencies
- Cover on-call hours for servicing customers, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
- Microsoft Office programs, ZEUS
- Familiarity with SDU software a plus
- Valid state driver’s license
- Travel between customer sites daily
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"