PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Benefits are through the local union organization.
Local 669 Sprinkler Fitter
Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry and International Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants for this position.
- Installs fire suppression equipment in new or retrofit construction projects.
- Makes corrective repairs to existing fire sprinkler systems.
- Able to assess systems with an impairment to determine the correct plan of action for the repair.
- Must have a firm understanding of the importance of fire prevention and life safety.
- Follows fire sprinkler installation design plans, communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements.
- Fitters should be capable of interpreting system blueprints, and fitting pipes to meet the needs of various sprinkler systems.
- Delivers materials to the job site and for minor fabrication on job site as needed.
- Utilizes hand tools, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power tools.
- Fitters may work alone or with other crew members under the direction of a Foreman.
- Oversees work, and training of apprentice(s) assigned to project.
- Willing to work overtime and out-of-town when needed.
- When assigned to working alone, must be a self-starter and is responsible for communication with Superintendent, and office staff.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills as well as extensive understanding of fire codes.
- Knowledge of pipefitting, and related fire protection codes and standards.
- Holds valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company.
- Must be able to pass drug testing, background and driving records checks.
- Must have strong work ethic, arrive on time, in proper attire and ready to work.
- Willing to be a team player, take care of each other and our customers.
- Able to perform look ahead planning for job needs like, Labor & Material needed to keep a project moving.
- Able to work with technology-based systems to complete work with our operational systems. (Phones & iPads)
- Understands safety and continuing education are todays standards for our careers and lively hoods.
- Willing to become a member of the UA Local Union 669 Sprinkler Fitters
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years of experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check; if applicable
- Must hold a Tennessee backflow and fire extinguisher license / NICET preferred by not required
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran