Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Visit us at Fire Protection Company | Western States Fire Protection (wsfp.com) to learn more!
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity Leave
Fire Alarm Designer
This individual will survey, design, coordinate, and possibly project manage the fire alarm systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the alarm systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. The designer will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. Close coordination with the project manager, project superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project.
- Review construction specifications to gather the required information to design the project’s fire alarm system
- Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handoff
- Perform Project Manager functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other WSFP management personnel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Applicable degree from a technical school or college
- California Life Safety Certification and NICET certification is a plus
- Knowledge and proficiency in NFPA 72, IBC, CFC
- Ability to survey and review plans
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD or other specialized fire alarm layout software
- Project management experience a plus
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Three years’ experience in commercial, industrial and/or multi-family residential
- Must have good communication skills
- Willing to coordinate and work well with others
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor