Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Systems Inspector at our office in Albany, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
FIRE SYSTEMS INSPECTOR
The Fire Systems Inspector is responsible to perform inspections of fire protection systems per the NFPA.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits, etc).
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Complete in-house training program on fire protection system inspections.
- Complete manufacturer training on fire protection systems as required.
- Obtain OSHA 10 certification thru company safety program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by department manager.
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision (after training period is completed)
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Exceptional computer skills
- Professional and organized
- Valid state driver’s license
- Company vehicle and cell phone provided by company
- Gas card and tolls provided by the company
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Any trade experience preferred; at least 2 years' trade experience a plus
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry a plus but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid state Driver’s License required
- NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights as required.
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking buildings and stairs, some ladder work may be required.
- May need to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Travel to multiple job sites in a day, some over night travel may be required with plenty of notice prior.
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
Davis-Ulmer offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K match program, employer funded profit-sharing plan and a variety of voluntary benefits.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To protect what people value most."
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.