Currently offering a $125 sign on bonus if you work until your first pay day and an additional $125 if you stay for 60 days.
Starting wage is $18.75 an hour, pay increases to $19.00 an hour after 120 days of employment.
We are currently hiring for Direct Support Professionals to work positions in our licensed adult group homes in Albany providing care to intellectually and developmentally disabled adults. The person applying for this position needs to be able to pass a criminal history background check. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English. In some situations a valid ODL could be required.
Experience is not necessary. All of our new hires must be willing to work weekends and at least swing shift.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be accessible by phone.
- Must be able to access reliable transportation for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with other staff members.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team oriented relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other providers of services to our residents.
- Must be able to lift 10 to 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to perform the assigned tasks, including but not limited to the ability to safely move frequently during the work day, carry, lift, stand, sit, bend, reach, and kneel.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain the required level of Oregon Intervention System certification for the home in which you are to work (training will be provided).
- For certain positions, the individual must be able to qualify as a driver for company owned vehicles.
- Must abide by the companies drug and alcohol policy including use of prescription drugs.
- Must be able to work with medically fragile individuals as well as behaviorally challenged.
This position does require an ability to provide personal care to the residents which could include bathing males and females and the cleaning up of bodily fluids.
Application must be returned for an interview. Email Deana@omrs-dd.org for an application or pick one up in person at 1420 Shortridge Street SE, Albany, OR 97322.
Once you have worked 30 hours a week for 60 days in a row we will offer you medical insurance ($50.00 per month split between two paychecks), dental insurance ($8.85 per month split between two paychecks), short term disability (at no cost to the employee) and life insurance (at no cost to the employee).
Due to a temporary rule published by the Oregon Health Authority, all healthcare providers and healthcare staff in healthcare settings must be fully vaccinated ("Fully vaccinated" means having received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine and at least 14 days have passed since the individual’s final dose of COVID-19 vaccine) or provide documentation for a medical or religious exception by October 18, 2021. Oregon Mennonite Residential Services (OMRS) is considered a healthcare setting and is required to comply with this temporary rule.