Position reports to:
FLSA classification status:
Full time, exempt
$76,000 - $84,000 annually
SEATTLE REP is seeking a resourceful and highly talented Senior Accountant to join its finance team in their quest to position theater at the heart of public life and Seattle Rep as the preeminent theater in the Pacific Northwest.
Seattle Rep is committed to producing the highest quality programming, and we believe that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are part of a growing movement in theater to ensure inclusion of those who have been excluded historically; focusing particularly on racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and women, ensuring they are at the decision-making table and reflected in our community.
Seattle Rep collaborates with extraordinary artists to create productions and programs that reflect and elevate the diverse cultures, perspectives, and life experiences of our region.
Theater at the heart of public life
Artistic Vitality, Sustainability, Generous and Inclusive Practices
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing and administering assigned functions within the Finance department, ensuring departmental efficiency, and timeliness and accuracy of information. The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing financial information and analysis to the Accounting Manager and CFO and to other staff members, in support of the goals and objectives of the theater's management.
Typical duties include:
Tactically administer accounting processes such as but not limited to:
- Record revenue from various sources and process cash deposits
- Administer payroll in collaboration with the accounting manager and process payroll related reporting and state and federal filing
- Record fixed assets
- Key role in month-end close process, prepare journal entries and adjustment per policy and procedures to ensure timely and accurate close
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GL accounts reconciliation. Analyze and research discrepancies, and process corrections for accurate accounts pretention
- Develop reports to meet management needs
- Coordinate external reporting needs including tax returns and royalty statements
- Coordinate execution of audit preparation under direction of accounting manager
- Coordinate with accounting manager and with Human Resources re: medical and dental insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401K, 403B/pension and wages as to budget distribution, G/L coding, vendor billing, internal and external reporting and payments, reporting for unions wages, benefits and taxes
- Responsible for processing and reporting taxes and completing compliance with various entities
- Perform special projects as assigned
Apply senior level accounting expertise strategically
- Coordinate timely and accurate preparation and reporting of monthly financial statements
- Monitors internal control functions. Coordinates implementation of new controls as necessary
- Design accounting processes in advance of audits, so that audit needs are met
- Special Projects as assigned
- Collaborate with departments and provides accounting information as needed and solves business problems
- Actively engage in process improvement and system implementation
- Four-year degree in business administration with concentration in accounting
- Knowledge of, and proven ability to apply, general accounting principles
- Five years’ work experience with progressive responsibilities and proven knowledge of budgets, forecasting, preparing financial statements and accuracy managing of cash, accounts payable and payroll procedures
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice principles
- Positive collaborate attitude
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills; proven ability to communicate with non-accounting staff and develop implementation plans within accounting guidelines which meet their needs
- Fluency with spreadsheets (high level Excel skills) and general ledger databases
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under and meeting tight deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member as required
- Strong MS Office skills
- Accuracy, an eye for detail, and a curious mind to uncover and solve hidden problems
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting or related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- Experience in working in a not-for-profit industry
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge software
TO BE CONSIDERED
- Submit a resume detailing related experience and education.
- Attach a cover letter that outlines how your related experience and education qualifies you for the position.
- Applicants are reviewed the day after the position closes.
- Interviews tentatively scheduled for the week of 5/2 - 5/6
Seattle Rep has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees, with accommodations for medical and religious exemptions only.
Contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.