Position reports to:
FLSA classification status:
Full time; exempt
$60,000 - $67,000 annually
SEATTLE REP is seeking a resourceful and highly talented Staff Accountant to join its finance team in their quest to position “theater at the heart of public life” and Seattle Rep as the preeminent theater in the Pacific Northwest.
Seattle Rep is committed to producing the highest quality programming, and we believe that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are part of a growing movement in theater to ensure inclusion of those who have been excluded historically; focusing particularly on racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and women, ensuring they are at the decision-making table and reflected in our community.
Seattle Rep collaborates with extraordinary artists to create productions and programs that reflect and elevate the diverse cultures, perspectives, and life experiences of our region.
Theater at the heart of public life
Artistic Vitality, Sustainability, Generous and Inclusive Practices
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary function of the Staff Accountant is to process Accounts Payable and serve as a backup for payroll functions. This position is responsible for timely processing and reporting of Accounts Payable, disbursements and all related accounting functions. Position requires extensive data entry, with exceptional attention to detail and systematic document handling and storage.
Typical duties include:
- Prepare and process weekly check runs including ensuring appropriate AP documentation, obtaining/verifying proper authorizations, and GL coding
- Maintain vendor files and manage all vendor communications
- Process credit card bills and prepare journal entry for recording in the GL
- Process employee reimbursements
- Prepare monthly GL account reconciliations related to AP and accrual accounts as assigned
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries associated with financial statement preparation
- Prepare and maintain audit schedules for all related accounts
- Prepare other financial reports and related analysis
- Train theatre staff on proper coding and processing techniques and recommend new GL codes as needed
- Continually analyze and propose changes to processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for processing 1099’s and other annual reporting
- Special Projects as assigned
- Assists with process improvements and system implementation for the department
Payroll processing support
- This position assists with entering employee information in ADP and assisting with payroll as needed.
Other accounting processes
- Responsible for reconciling and recording prepaid accounts, tracking and recording daily earned revenue and concessions cash receipts
- Other accounting processes, projects and audit support as needed
- Formal training in basic accounting procedures generally requiring a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years general ledger experience with an emphasis in Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Proficiency with accounting software (Blackbaud’s Financial Edge)
- Proficiency with payroll software, preferably ADP Workforce
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with computer spreadsheets and word processing (Excel and Word)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires independent judgment and demonstrable analytical abilities
- Strong communication written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice principles
- Genuine interest in the performing arts preferred
TO BE CONSIDERED
- Submit a resume detailing related experience and education.
- Attach a cover letter that outlines how your related experience and education qualifies you for the position.
- Applicants are reviewed the day after the position closes.
- Interviews tentatively scheduled for the week of 4/18 - 4/22
Seattle Rep has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees, with accommodations for medical and religious exemptions only.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application process.