W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time summer intern in all locations. The program exposes students to roles in the field and the office, providing diverse experiences from working on a project site to performing cost estimates in one of our offices. Interns will complete an OSHA Ten-Hour Safety course, receive CPR and First Aid certification, and participate in Learning & Development and Wellness activities.
- Support the project management team with subcontractor and supplier coordination, material tracking, file management, document control (submittals, RFIs and change orders) and progress reporting.
- Collaborate with site operations and workforce to assist with project layout, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of site conditions, safety and quality control
- Participate in all intern activities and educational courses
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university within the construction, engineering, or business concentrations strongly preferred
- Ability to learn sector/project-specific software systems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Positive attitude and ability to follow direction
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer