APi Group is a global, market-leading business services provider of safety and specialty services in over 500 locations in approximately 20 countries. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) Director. In this role, you will work with a team of project management professionals to provide consistent application of project management disciplines to increase business benefits through project delivery. This role will report directly to the VP, Business Process Transformation (BPT). The EPMO was founded in late 2020 to provide centralized strategic management and oversight of the IT project portfolio, project delivery teams, and project delivery approaches and methodologies in compliance with SOX SDLC controls. The EPMO has gone through it’s initial maturity and we are now investing in an experienced leader to accelerate the development of the EPMO processes, tools and employee project management team. The EPMO will directly benefit its team members by shaping cross-departmental team strategy and maximizing the team’s communication tools and tactics, with the goal of amplifying our impact to bring projects in on-time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills to collaborate with team members and project leads. Facilitation and presentation skills to lead key meetings and coach teams for success are key attributes for this position. This is a new leadership role in a relatively young EPMO, the strongest candidates are comfortable with ambiguity, flexible enough to pivot direction as needed, and serve as a positive role model for all project managers.
Sharp critical thinking skills are a must! The right person for this job understands the big picture of what teams are trying to achieve and can also connect the dots between our strategy and daily work. Ownership of projects is a must-have, along with the ability to reimagine what is possible, work as a team and bring a solutions-oriented approach to challenges and obstacles. We’re looking for someone who is creative, compassionate and who can focus on what matters most.
- Ensure Project Delivery While Growing Project Management Team Members and Maturing Disciplines, Tools, and Processes
- Lead teams with members at all levels; clarify meeting content, objectives, and establish team norms.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across departments, external vendors, and subject matter experts to create and execute complex project plans and schedules; ensure that all projects not only achieve on-time and on-budget metrics but meet the business goals and achieve the expected business outcomes upon completion.
- Cultivate and mature the understanding of project management disciplines, tools and tactics that best fit specific use-cases and spread awareness of the application of SOX Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) controls during project delivery.
- Full lifecycle project management, including risk management etc. Manage budgets and schedules, ensuring accuracy and transparency through the consistent application project management practices.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with all stakeholders; Provide insight and support to enhance existing communications between teams.
- Proactively solicit lessons learned from cross-functional project teams that can be leveraged and built upon for success of future projects.
- Facilitate meetings to help participants reach decisions, define next actions, and accomplish goals.
- Work with team members to understand their operational needs thoroughly, in context, emphasizing listening before solutioning.
- Flexibly employ training, documentation, and process changes as well as more traditional project management solutions such as use of a Gantt chart, status report, etc.
- Stay organized and manage time well as you juggle requests from multiple sources.
- Proactively build project management skills and expertise by learning and embracing new technology, staying abreast of industry developments and best practices, and attend or provide training as available and approved.
- Provide project management coaching and guidance to departments to help surface and understand each team’s unique project challenges.
- Foster strong communication and collaboration to support teams in achieving their goals efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the development of project management trainings, templates and materials, and other items as necessary to enhance project management maturity.
- Develop and maintain relationships with select group of project management vendor partners to allow the EPMO to flex and scale as necessary to meet the demands of the organization
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of large-scale project delivery
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Minimum of Three (3) years in PMO Leadership role
- Excellent leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, self-driven, team-oriented, and able to interface with all organizational levels
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management disciplines and skills
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies and phases
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or other project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology related field preferred
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.