LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Salary: $18 hr. On the job training! Must be able to meet requirements.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Construction Laborer Responsibilities
- Assist with the road construction project such as raking and shoveling asphalt.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site. Be able to work with leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors, and officials.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
Construction Laborer Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must pass a "fit-for-duty" physical exam and full panel drug screen
- Must be able to get valid unrestricted driver’s license within 120 days
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to work varied schedules day, night, and/or weekend that meet Lehman-Roberts Company’s customer needs.
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions.
- Must be able to understand job instructions, communicate with supervisors and employees and work as a team.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Level asphalt/aggregate to grade specifications using rakes, shovels, and trowels.
- Dig, spread, level, and remove construction materials. May require to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools, and supplies. Walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices
- Be able to tolerate a loud environment
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Asphalt Paving Labor/ Paving Crew/ Road Construction Crew
- Landscape Worker
- Outdoor Laborer
- Utility Worker
- Concrete Worker
- Construction Trainee/ Apprentice
- Army-Horizontal Construction
- Navy- Construction
- Air Force- Pavements and Construction
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.