Classic Industrial Services (www.classicindustrial.com) is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory
STAFF ACCOUNTANT-Industrial Construction
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our Finance Department. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include, but not limited to, maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting, as needed, to respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes. This position will report in to the Controller at our corporate headquarters in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, candidates should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- High proficiency in MS Word / Excel / Outlook.
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, payroll and revenue processes.
- Strong understanding of general accounting procedures.
- Some office management experience helpful but not required.
- Attention to detail an absolute must-have along with being a confident self-starter and not afraid to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced, friendly small office environment
- This position must be able to multitask while supporting excellent working relationships and superior leadership skills with all level of the organization
- Extremely proficient at time management and meeting critical deadlines
- Demonstrate responsibility, proactivity, and sound business thinking
- Ability to learn to navigate through different systems and portals
- Ability to prioritize, ask questions when appropriate and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work well in team environment and/or independently
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily office based and most work is done in an office environment. Occasionally this position may require site visits to active construction sites. On a construction site, the employee may be required to climb ladders and walk in areas under construction. While on construction sites, the employee must wear proper protective equipment such as hard hat, eye and hearing protection, high visibility vest, etc. The employee must be familiar with all company safety equipment and is required to follow company safety procedures, prior to entering the construction site
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Frequently
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching: Often
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic Industrial is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.