Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Estimator - Fire Protection Services at our office in N.Billerica, MA. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
ESTIMATOR - FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
The Estimator for our Fire Protection services is responsible for preparing all aspects of the project estimate.
- Prepares estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents
- Reviews the construction and sprinkler drawings
- Develops and carries out sales strategies
- Attends walk-through and determines factors that will affect the cost estimate
- Performs preliminary hydraulic analysis of sprinkler systems to ensure sale price accuracy
- Interacts with all internal groups and communicates pertinent information
- Communicates with subcontractors, vendors and clients
- Exhibits the value of competencies for the company, department, employees and business partners
- Promotes a positive safety culture by adhering to policies and procedures set by the department
- Ability to read, understand and interpret plans and specifications
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to conduct a thorough review of plans and specs
- Ability to prepare and complete all phases of quantity survey work and pricing
- Strong computer and mathematical skills and perform accurate analysis within deadlines
- Demonstrated people skills, ability to supervise others and assign work on a priority basis
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, multi-tasker
- Ability to represent the company professionally
Education and Experience
- One to 5 years of experience in related field and/or Estimating
- Minimum of High School Diploma, Associate's Degree preferred
- Software Necessary: Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, On Screen Takeoff
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Mostly office environment, but may have moderate noise with computers, printers, and light office traffic
- When visiting job sites, environment will be dependent on type of organization
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"