Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Tech Trainee at our office in N. Billerica, MA. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN - TRAINEE
Assists Technicians in the field with service, inspection and testing of fire alarm and suppression systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect and test fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Test batteries in panels
- Identify fire alarm deficiencies
- Knowledge of different types of panels and how to access systems for testing or service
- Troubleshooting issues on panel to determine which part of the fire alarm system is in need of repair
- Ability to read and use a multi meter properly
- Proper customer service and communication with internal and external customers
- Travel between customer sites daily
- Other related duties as assigned
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Prior related experience and/or training a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid state Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"