Clinical & Professional Development Specialist – ECLIPSE
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
Location: South King County/Auburn
$65,200 - $84,800 annually
Based on years of applicable experience
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are upholding this by recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and all other historically marginalized and excluded communities other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. The following are the values guide our work:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Childhaven is a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. We are building a continuum of care model that is growing to respond to the changing needs of families by combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of community partners. Going forward, we are embarking on a new and ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation.
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you, and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven has an exciting opportunity to join our ECLIPSE Team as a Clinical & Professional Development Specialist. The CPD Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Early Learning & Home Visiting and provide Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) support to the ECLIPSE service providers as well as other Childhaven program teams.
ECLIPSE is a comprehensive therapeutic early learning support program that utilizes an IECMH lens to provide support to young children and their families. The ECLIPSE program primarily works with children in ECEAP and Head Start programs in King County. This innovative program is designed to create better outcomes for young children, to build child and family relational capacity and give early learning providers additional mental health supports. The CPD Specialist strengthens and supports the social and emotional wellbeing of staff, families, and children by leading the integration of IECMH principles and trauma-informed care through reflective practice with ECLIPSE service providers.
- Establish a monthly reflective supervision schedule with approximately 22 ECLIPSE service providers.
- Provide ongoing reflective supervision to ECLIPSE service providers, and other Childhaven staff as needed, including Childhaven’s Cherish ESIT team.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to develop and conduct IECMH-focused trainings for ECLIPSE team and sometimes under Childhaven staff teams.
- Conduct needs assessments across programs, in collaboration with Program Leaders to develop focused trainings or identify and recommend external resources.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to expend IECMH capacity in ECLIPSE and various Childhaven teams.
- Utilize reflective supervision to support professional growth and quality client care and interactions in ECLIPSE.
- Remain current with professional development requirements through seminars.
- Comply with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development opportunities regarding antiracism, oppression, and cultural humility/curiosity and regularly assess own performance and program for related improvements.
- Participated in ongoing job-related professional development, in-serving trainings, and continuing education.
- Participate in regularly administrative, clinical, and reflective supervision with designated supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled team and related meetings.
- Contribute to Federal, State, and Local reporting requirements and reporting of child abuse.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Development, Psychology, Counseling, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years post-masters IMH practice working on behalf of caregiver-infant relationship.
- 2 years of experience providing reflective supervision.
- Experience developing and conducting needs assessments.
- Experience developing and conducting staff trainings related to IECMH.
- Endorsement by the Washington Association of Infant Mental Health (WA-AIMH) as an IMH Specialist or IMH Mentor, or willingness to complete.
- Previous experience working with young families within a diverse population.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto liability insurance.
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply!
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.
COVID -19: “Due to the amending Proclamation (20-05) (21-14) by Governor Inslee, Childhaven employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 for the protection of the clients we serve. Medical and religious exemptions are acceptable to the extent of the law for those entitled under the ADA, Title VII, THE WLAD and/or if there is a sincerely held religious belief accommodation to the requirements of this Order. Requests for these exemptions are required.”