DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
APRIL 7, 2022
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
SALARY RANGE: $100,000 - $125,000
Summary: Under general supervision of the CFO, manages accounting staff, and performs a full range of accounting, technical review, financial reporting and administrative duties.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assess designs and set up accounting systems to ensure effective and efficient recording of accounting transactions.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to internal controls.
- Identify critical success factors and ways to measure them.
- Monitors adherence to established operating procedures and internal controls.
- Prepares/reviews general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounts and develops chart of accounts.
- Manages and performs accounting and month end closings.
- Supervises exempt and non-exempt accounting staff.
- Manages cash flows, collections and payments.
- Provides management with financial and operational information vital to the decision-making process, including revenue streams, costs and margins.
- Reviews and analyzes results for operational management.
- Facilitates management meetings.
- Hires, trains and evaluates qualified accounting staff.
- Effectively develops and manages accounting staff.
- Assists with tax functions, as well as special projects.
- Coordinates activities with external auditors.
- Prepares support schedules for year-end work papers.
- Performs year-end audit and REAC FDS submissions.
- Performs other assignments as directed and works on special projects as needed.
- Must abide by all Board approved policies, policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, executive communications, administrative procedures, and safety procedures established.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, recommended practices and policies.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Principles related to public sector financial administration.
- Knowledge of Federal and state grant and special fund accounting regulations, procedures, and accountability standards.
- Knowledge of personnel rules and budgeting systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge of business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Skill in understanding, interpreting and applying accounting standards and procedures, and applicable Federal rules and regulations.
- Skill in the analysis and application of accounting principles and standards.
- Skill in leadership, coordinating staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Skill in correcting and updating financial information systems.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in reviewing and performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other DHA staff.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; five (5) years of accounting work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of Public Housing accounting experience with a large Housing Authority or a government entity and a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
CPA license, tax credit or bond experience preferred.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.