ESIT Occupational Therapist
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
Location: South King County
$65,200 – $84,800 annually
Based on licensure and years of applicable experience
SIGN-ON BONUS: Up to $6000 for licensed professionals and up to $2500 for non-licensed professionals (terms and conditions apply)
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are upholding this by recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and all other historically marginalized and excluded communities other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. The following are the values guide our work:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Childhaven is a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. We are building a continuum of care model that is growing to respond to the changing needs of families by combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of community partners. Going forward, we are embarking on a new and ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation.
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you, and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Occupational Therapist position on our Early Support for Infants & Toddlers (ESIT) team will have the opportunity to help us develop and scale a best-in-class Early Intervention program for infants and toddlers ages 0-3. This position will provide sensory processing and play-based therapy to children in natural environment, including their homes, classrooms, and other community locations. This position will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure the needs of young children and their families are being met with excellence.
This position reports to the Early Intervention Program Director and will cover various locations in South King County, including: Auburn, Federal Way, Des Moines, and Kent. Note: At this time, services are being provided both in person and via teleintervention.
- Evaluate, assess, and provide motor therapy to children from birth to age 2.
- Collaborate with the Early Intervention team, Family Resource Coordinators (FRCs), and Childhaven program staff on interdisciplinary IFSPs, goal setting, and case review.
- Maintain documentation of case records and ensure compliance with Part C and other policies.
- Communicate with insurance providers, school districts, and other outside resources as needed.
- Engage and empower parents in all individual and group sessions, providing training and support that allow them to meet the needs of their children.
- Participate in the development of individualized goals for child and family.
- Providing coaching and consultation for staff, parents, and care providers.
- Demonstrating a caring, nonjudgmental, equity-minded approach to working with every family.
- Preparing reports and progress notes as required by Childhaven.
- Attend team meetings relating to each child’s programs and progress.
- Schedule minimum number of therapy hours as established by therapy department policy.
- Attend regular staff meetings relating to each child’s programs and progress; attend regular staff and department meetings.
- Schedule minimum number of therapy hours as established by therapy department policy.
- Continue to develop professional skills and knowledge (e.g., conferences, coursework, review literature, participation in professional associations, interdepartmental observations, etc.).
- Participate in professional development opportunities regarding antiracism, oppression, and cultural competency, and assess own performance and program for related improvements.
- Comply with Childhaven policies and procedures regarding the identification and reporting of child abuse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy, licensed by Washington State.
- Experience working with children ages 0-3.
- Experience interacting with diverse populations.
- Pass a portable background check through Department of Early Learning.
- Pass a tuberculosis (TB) test or have negative test within 12 months prior to hire.
- Current in Pediatric/Adult CPR, first aid, and AED, HIV, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Valid WA State driver’s license and automobile insurance, and able to use own vehicle for the job.
- Firm commitment to family-centered, inclusive, interdisciplinary, and strengths-based ESIT best practices in natural environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Commitment to antiracism policy, practices, and procedures.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work within a diverse cultural setting and provide culturally dynamic, equitable, and supportive services.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Record systems (e.g., Credible).
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply! In addition to position specific qualifications, preferable skills include:
- Feeding experience preferred.
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.
COVID -19: “Due to the amending Proclamation (20-05) (21-14) by Governor Inslee, Childhaven employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 for the protection of the clients we serve. Medical and religious exemptions are acceptable to the extent of the law for those entitled under the ADA, Title VII, THE WLAD and/or if there is a sincerely held religious belief accommodation to the requirements of this Order. Requests for these exemptions are required.”