Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
Under the supervision of the WIC Coordinator/Breastfeeding Coordinator, conducts all aspects of the nutrition education component and process of assessing for nutritional risks associated with the WIC & Maternal Health programs, in full compliance with federal, state, and local regulation to provide nutrition services to the target community.
WAGE AND SCHEDULE
Wage is $26.38 hourly depending on education and experience
Schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct, review, and document the results of the following tasks necessary for assessing nutritional risk: a) measurement of length/height and weight; b) hemoglobin/lead; c) health and nutrition questionnaire.
- Provide health, nutrition and breastfeeding education for all participants.
- Provide individual nutrition counseling and documentation, utilizing the Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA) approach for clients utilizing WIC services.
- Serve as a staff person qualified to provide nutrition information to interested professionals, outside agencies, and individuals.
- Provide nutrition services to the Maternal and Child Health programs as assigned.
- Assist in tailoring the WIC program food package to best meet individual participants' dietary needs.
- Assist in the responsibility for referral of WIC participants to other sources of social, nutrition or health care as needed, including accurate documentation and follow-up of referrals made.
- Attend and participate in state nutrition meetings and other conferences that serve to enhance training and skills.
- Assist WIC coordinator in the development of needed program evaluation tools and plans.
- Function as a member of the agency chart audit team annually.
- Work with community leaders and health professionals.
- Provide breastfeeding education, support, and guidance to clients.
- Provide accurate documentation follow-up of referrals made.
- Assist the WIC Coordinator in the preparation of the WIC portion of the annual grant application.
- Assist with missed appointment reports.
- Responsible for special formula documentation and ordering of specialized formula.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogen training within ten days of employment and updated annually.
- Complete Child Abuse Reporter training within six (6) months of employment and update every three (3) years.
- Completion of required continuing education hours to retain state licensure.
- TB testing at hire
- Reliable transportation to use on the job
- Valid car insurance