Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Gym Membership
Shop / Warehouse Specialist
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced Shop/ Warehouse Specialist. This position will assist Project Managers, Project Field Leaders and Division Managers for all facets of ongoing projects in addition of maintaining a warehouse, tools and equipment.
- Organize and dispense material for delivery
- Receive material and distribute to jobs or trucks
- Collect materials at vendors and deliver to job site
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Maintain a clean shop and outside area and validating that special tools and shop equipment are in proper operating condition
- Select, repair and organize tools as needed
- Willing to operate a forklift as well as other tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
- Assign priority and process work orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years in construction industry experience is preferred but not required
- Two years supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Have current CDL and or have the capacity to pass DOT Physical.
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Computer skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer background check and drug test
- Willing to travel to Glenwood Springs area and stay overnight in company-provided lodging at least one night per week
Moderate standing, walking, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work inside and outside, around moving objects and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
The salary range for this position is $22-30/hour, depending on experience and qualifications
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor