Tool Room Associate – Summer Temp
We know you’ve seen our trucks all over town – now come and see what else we have to offer! The Jamar Company, powered by APi Group, is a highly skilled, multi-trade specialty contractor and service provider with a mission to be the best. We are the premier specialty construction and service provider in our area and believe in strong leadership development, live our values, and take pride in our work. Does this sound like a place you want to be? We want to add to our team – are you willing to learn, interested in a great opportunity and looking to grow your career? Read on! And check us out at www.jamarcompany.com.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
You are enthusiastic about meeting the needs of customers, creating true business relationships, and working in a collaborative team environment. You understand the importance of first impressions, you have strong, positive communication and people skills AND a desire to understand the businesses and what is important to our operations teams. You take pride in your work, are solutions oriented, seek opportunities to move forward, and can work with a diverse set of personalities. You are a self-starter and can manage multiple projects at one time. You enjoy what you do and want to have fun while you work!
As a tool room associate you will enjoy a variety of duties.
Tool & Equipment Fulfillment:
- Inspect and maintain incoming tools; assess the condition of tools, identify those as viable for repair and repair any defects or breakpoints. Thoroughly clean and return tools to inventory.
- Work with the department manager regarding replacement needs, including returning damaged tools under warranty.
- Fill customer requests/tool orders using lists as provided. Ensure all orders are accurate, complete and on time.
Buildings and Grounds Maintenance:
- Assist manager in always ensuring the safety and security of the building and grounds.
- Respond to building maintenance requests; seasonal upkeep of parking lots, walkways, and building entrances, snow removal, garbage and recycling removal including any recycling or special receptacle needs.
- Respond to internal requests for office; change lightbulbs, stock and store cleaning supplies, communicate with building vendors including cleaning staff to ensure supplies are available.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Accept incoming freight. Notify appropriate department personnel and store materials appropriately.
- Shipping to include packaging, using best practices.
Company Level Support
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a tool/warehouse environment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude in repairing tools – knowledge of tool usage, assembly, and operations - is preferred.
- Ability to regularly load and unload large tool crates with multiple sets of tools, heavy chains and field equipment (will be trained to identify tools by name, location and use).
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Proficient with computers (email, keyboarding for data entry).
- Ability to work longer hours and/or weekends as needed.
The Jamar Company strives to create a culture and environment that is inviting, encouraging and supportive of people of all backgrounds so that diverse voices, thoughts, and perspectives may be heard and amplified. All are encouraged to apply!