Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Healthcare Reimbursement)
- Paid time off
Balfour Beatty Rail, is currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA. Estimated completion of the project is set for 2024. The project consists of electrifying a 52-mile corridor from San Francisco to San Jose; with construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track and rolling stock.
The team is currently seeking candidates to fill a Deputy Track Access Manager role. This role will undertake the day-to-day issues associated with work trains. Planning and implementing track access to the railway, to allow the construction team to carry out the work.
- Ensure all efforts are made to manage time availability for the construction team requirements for track
access to work site
- Assist in Managing Balfour Beatty representation at Client Meetings
- Auditing of Rule Book compliance
- Provide support for safety team
- Produce accurate train schedules for accessibility
- Partner with planners and Scheduling Manager
- Familiarize with live train arrivals and departure times
- Assist in Managing safety team competency audits
- Assist in Managing and implement any changes
- Attend Construction Progress Weekly Meetings with Balfour Beatty team
- Attend Track access planning meetings with TASI and Rail Operators
- Assist in Negotiate track access to facilitate BBII’s Electrification Master Schedule
- Publish, distribute, and brief Installation team leads on confirmed track access arrangement
- Provide details as required by Coordination team of activities, durations, equipment to be used. On & Off track accessing locations in addition to limits of work sites for teams and project
- Identify Protection personnel required to meet rostered work times and activities, including contact details
for distribution to management and team leads
- Prior to Energization of the Overhead Catenary system liaise with Isolation team management for
necessary Electrical Permits to Work
- Set up response protocol for enquiries from Operations and Protection personnel for track access activities
- Correlate records of track access productive times and provide weekly report to BBII management
- Identify adverse trending on mobilization/ demobilization of track activities and propose improvements to
procedures as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Business
Administration or related discipline is required
- 2 years of related experience and/or training is required
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Exchange), Power BI/ Tableau is required
- Willingness to travel 25-40% is required
- Railway/Logistics experience is preferred.
- Local qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Substantial railway experience, preferably most of which has been spent in Operations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective decision making, planning and organization skills.
- Problem solving skills.
Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.