Farrell Roofing has been a family owned and operated business since 1946. We pride ourselves on our industry leading safety standards, uncompromising quality, long term thinking, and team-oriented culture.
We combined old fashioned experience with cutting edge technology to grow our business and delight our customers. With 350 team members executing over $50 million in roofing, we are one of the region’s largest contractors with plans to keep growing.
What you can expect from us:
- To be supported in the direction of your potential
- To be treated with respect and fairness
- To have the opportunity to speak your mind and to be listened to
- Accountability focused on output/quality of work
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership, generating sales, and directing activities within the service department.
- Maintaining communication with clients and service crews.
- Studying methods of improving work measurements and performance standards.
- Knowing and staying abreast of design requirements, codes, materials, and new developments and technologies in roofing.
- Ensuring crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations, identifying situation-specific safety needs, and completing and submitting accident and injury reports.
- Complying with all safety policies and procedures, and supporting company safety goals and objectives.
- Handling customer relationships for all service work and maintaining a customer prospect database.
- Affirming jobs are completed to the quality level promised and creating cost estimates /proposals at customer request.
- Determining material needs for service projects and monitoring projects with respect to current status and materials needed.
- Serving as project manager for all repair jobs.
- Reviewing and analyzing budget reports.
The Ideal Candidate For This Role Is Someone Who:
- Can calmly track multiple ongoing jobs.
- Has the ability to identify, correct, and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards.
- Can demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed productivity standards and can work quickly and accurately.
- Exhibits leadership and management skills necessary to manage workflows, staff, and customer relationships.
- Is consistently able to work well with others and within a company system.
- Is a learner who exercises curiosity on a regular basis and is willing to learn from mistakes.
- Has high standards for the work they produce.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal & external customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ roofing supervision experience.
- English fluency.
- OSHA 30-hour card.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to use/learn business technology.
- Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; this position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The nose level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside unsheltered weather conditions and all types of weather.
- This role routinely uses a personal computer, copier, scanner, fax, and telephone.
- Variances in regular schedule, including working alternative shifts or days and overtime, may be required as job duties demand.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, write, and understand English.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, squat, sit, and climb ladders.
- The employee is frequently required to have coordinated use of hands and arms to reach, grab, etc.
- The employee will regularly be required to carry loads up to 50 pounds and to maneuver around obstacles while on a roof and/or on a job site.