In 1996, CMS Mechanical Services was formed to address a need in the HVAC service industry for service on a personal level, beyond that being offered. Our company growth will always be in a direction, and at a level, consistent with our company’s original goals.
Our mission is to provide the best service, with the ultimate in customer satisfaction, available in the northern Colorado area. CMS Mechanical Services, with its select group of employees, will strive to maintain a position at the forefront of our industry in technical skills, customer relations, and in offering of a wide variety of services in order to meet all our customers’ mechanical needs.
CMS Mechanical Services is accepting resumes for a Plumbing Service Technician. The Plumbing Service Technician will provide plumbing services as defined in the service request or service agreements. This role works independently and is responsible to represent the company on customer locations/sites in the regional area. This is a union position.
- Knowledge and ability to perform plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques; must know plumbing codes.
- Working knowledge of low-pressure steam systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, perform mathematical calculations, and diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts; weekends, holidays and emergency on-call rotation as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations.
- Ability to learn and use a service software platform.
Certification, License, Registration:
- State Plumbing license is required.
- RPZ license preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install, repair, and maintain plumbing and piping systems in commercial, institutional, industrial, or public buildings as per service orders.
- Work in cooperation with other trades and laborers to ensure that all specifications are met to ensure efficient work completion.
- Ensures work is performed in a manner to meet all Industry standards of Plumbing codes and safety.
- Interpret work orders and perform work requested with limited direction. Enter and close work orders via the Service software platform
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition of repair parts and equipment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Comply with Company policy and standards.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
- Always adhere to all safety and vehicle related policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work from specifications or verbal instructions.
- Strong communication skills, initiative, and self-discipline.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
Pay Range: hourly rate $19.77 to $31.62