Responsible for leading quality performance improvement assuring continued focus on quality metrics and regulatory compliance. Provide leadership to quality team and evaluate performance for professional development with coordination from Quality/Compliance Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determines areas of focus for quality and performance improvement initiatives. Collects data to determine trends and plan appropriate response.
- May serve as liaison ensuring quality and compliance and proactive approach to ensure constant regulatory preparedness.
- Provides oversight and leadership within quality department. Assists the Quality/Compliance Director in the management of the overall quality operations activities.
- Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Establishes and maintains relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the quality department.
- Reviews performance data that includes quality, performance, and satisfaction reports. Monitors and measures productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Participates in the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the quality department.
- Collaborate with Leadership team to solve operational problems and to improve services.
- Supports achievement of agency’s mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gathers, reviews, and communicates between Support Coordinator’s and Clinical Quality Assurance Review for annual audits.
- Create Corrective Action Plans in response to results of Clinical Quality Assurance Review audits.
- Create the Quality Management Plan, develop Performance Improvement Project and complete Outcomes and Activities Report with reporting to the state.
- Head of the Hearings and Appeals Committee.
- Participate in Quality Workgroup and Quality meetings at the state level.
- Participate and contribute to the local collaborative and the state collaborative.
Registered Nurse or a bachelor’s degree in Social Work and 2-3 years of related experience. Must have current Michigan license as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker.
- At least five years of human services experience working with disabled and elderly population.
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of AASA and MI Choice Waiver
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead by example in a professional and respectful manner
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate agency mission to clients and staff
- Ability to work well with and respond to questions from all levels of internal management and staff, as well as older adults, persons with disabilities, providers, and members of the general public
- Ability to interpret regulations and standards to staff and vendors
- Able to define problems, collect and analyze data
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to supervise and assist co-workers and Director
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance with limited direction
- Capacity for strong organizational skills and ability to work on various projects at one time
- Capacity to operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer, using program applications appropriate to assigned duties
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. and other software programs specific to the agency for data gathering and storage.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer for long periods of time. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must travel in all kinds of weather and have reliable transportation.
Position requires employee to maintain an in-office workstation, but may periodically perform some duties in an information secure home office with supervisor approval.
DIVISION OF DUTIES: Supports Coordinator contact is @ 40% of duties, travel is @ 10% of duties, and chart review is @ 50% of duties.