Finding the right fit:
Ayres has been an important fixture in the geospatial industry for over 70 years, and our recent investments in mapping technology have opened many new growth opportunities. Our national team of geospatial professionals supports a wide variety of survey and mapping services to clients in private and public sectors. Our suite of services includes aerial lidar and imagery, ground-based mapping technology, specialized unmanned aerial systems, and a range of land survey practices.
The Aerial Mapping group is looking to add a Project Manager with five or more years of experience to support the team with diverse project responsibilities. In particular, we are seeking an individual who is passionate about the geospatial profession, has a strong technical ability, and has a strong desire to work with clients to build unique solutions.
Success will be defined by your ability to handle multiple priorities and represent Ayres professionally through strong communication and relationship-building skills.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Independently seek and develop new leads and opportunities as well as support ongoing business development efforts.
- Develop scopes, fee estimates, and proposals.
- Work closely with technical supervisors to identify appropriate technology and methodology for unique projects.
- Be responsible for project documentation, progress reporting, accounting, and client management.
- Interact with staff from other professional disciplines within the company.
- Review and interpret project reports generated by information management software and participate regularly in progress discussions with the management team.
- Travel to conferences and client meetings to develop relationships and propose on projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills will be essential, as the successful applicant will frequently interact with wide range of public and private clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Business development, professional networking, and public speaking experience.
- Involvement in geospatial-related professional associations.
- Experience with the acquisition or application of geospatial data (aerial imagery, lidar, UAS, etc.).
- Background in common GIS and CAD-based software platforms.
- Familiarity with geospatial market sectors (state and local government, transportation, energy, telecom, environmental, and civil engineering, etc.).
- Leadership experience, including leading small groups to successful project outcomes.
- Professional certification in geospatial industry or related discipline (CP, GISP, etc.) is a plus.
Benefits of being part of the Ayres team:
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and 401K with company match
- PTO upon hire, paid holidays including two floating holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status. To learn more about our great benefits, visit our website at https://www.ayresassociates.com/careers/the-ayres-advantage/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities