Mid/Senior Structural Engineer-Buildings
Independent, precise, analytical…does this sound like you? Are you looking for a place where your skills and expertise are valued and rewarded? If your answer is yes, VAA has a position that might be right for you. We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented professional to deliver the best quality on projects to clients.
VAA’s Buildings group provides engineering and design services for commercial projects in a variety of markets including retail, corporate, hospitality, government and manufacturing.
In addition to safeguarding the health and welfare of the general public, our Structural team plays a key role in helping project end users achieve their goals through the design of structural systems and foundations. Our project work occurs all over the world, including high wind and seismically active locations.
- Perform high quality engineering services using sound analysis and design techniques based on applicable codes.
- Appropriately and efficiently use software and hand calculations to develop design solutions that meet code requirements and are constructible.
- Provide direction and distribute work to technicians and engineers.
- Prepare proposals, design documents and help estimate project fees.
- Prepare/design/layout preliminary concepts and accurately communicate the context.
Additional Responsibilities - Sr Engineer:
- Manage client relationships and serve as the primary technical client contact on projects.
- Set the standard for technical excellence and efficiency through sound engineering judgment, effective problem solving, and quality engineering analysis, design and detailing.
- Supervise, mentor and train engineers and technical staff to produce high quality engineering services and deliverables.
- Manage project scope, schedules, budgets and billings for individual projects and coordinate with disciplines to ensure successful project delivery.
- Conduct technical document reviews.
- Perform site visits/observations/evaluations. (Potential 25% travel to construction job sites.)
Structural Engineer Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural engineering emphasis
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with 5 or more years engineering experience
Senior Structural Engineer Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with 8+ years of experience
BENEFITS: Competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), profit-sharing, paid holidays, PTO, wellness programs, flexible schedules, LinkedIn Learning subscription, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities and more.
VAA, LLC: More than Engineering
We want you to find your niche at VAA. Every member of our talented team brings their real selves to the workplace, and we believe in putting people in the right place to do their best work. Our business is built on lasting relationships and authenticity with clients and each other.
But it’s not all calcs and CAD. From partnering with local organizations during our annual Community Caring Campaign to offering employees charitable PTO and outreach events, we strive to improve the lives and places around us. Explore our website to learn more about us!
Outstanding Clients, Diverse People, Growing Company
VAA, an award-winning workplace recognized by the Star Tribune as one of Minnesota's Top 200 Workplaces in both 2022 and 2023, offers multidiscipline engineering services to owners, contractors and architects throughout the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we design commercial spaces along with agribusiness and industrial bulk-commodity processing facilities coast-to-coast for clients from the Fortune 500 to local cooperatives and brands.
VAA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, public assistance status or any other status protected by applicable law.
#VAA #Engineer #Engineering #Structuralengineering