Rich Fire is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Inspector position in our Pleasantville, NJ office. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
Rich Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, has been a leader in the fire protection industry for more than 30 years. The reputation of our firm is well regarded and recognized throughout the construction industry. Located in Pleasantville, New Jersey and servicing clients throughout the immediate tri-state area, we are passionate about our work and commitment to excellence. We are experienced in all areas of the fire protection field including 3D design, fabrication, installation of fire sprinkler systems, maintenance and repair and project management.
FIRE SPRINKLER INSPECTOR - What can you accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building your life safety industry knowledge
- Advancement of your education through our robust leadership and development programs
- Growth of your confidence in the ability to lead others
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Having a respectful and professional demeanor at all times
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs
- Thoroughly completing Inspections Reports in a timely manner
- Effectively communicating with our customers about their facility deficiencies
- Upholding Rich Fire's Safety and Risk Management First Culture at all times.
- Executing inspections with honesty and integrity, providing clear and concise deficiency explanations.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Seeking knowledge of specialized inspection tools.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
- Maintaining caring and enduring customer relationships.
- Carefully maintaining company vehicle and tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Any trade experience preferred; at least 2 years' trade experience a plus
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry preferred
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Exceptional computer skills
- Professional and organized
Licenses and Certifications Required
- Valid state drivers license
- NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
- May need to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"