Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
Responsible for installation, repair, and inspections of conveyors, hoists & cranes, and other material handling equipment as required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently track a conveyor belt.
- Troubleshoot issues, identify needed parts, identify and perform corrective action on material handling equipment with minimal support from Lead Technician.
- Carry out overall conveyor maintenance on schedule and as required.
- Repair and inspect overhead bridge cranes with minimal support from the Lead Technician.
- Use a multi-meter to check fuses, troubleshoot contractors, verify power, troubleshoot 3-phase motors.
- Ability to respond to breakdown calls 24/7.
- Be able to work 40-60 hours per week or more if needed.
- Act professionally with dignity and respect.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers and any other personnel.
- Work independently and conscientiously to complete a job.
- Work within the safety guidelines of customers, Adaptec Solutions, and OSHA; always operating by the most stringent of safety protocol.
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and field service repair on material handling equipment with minimal support from Lead technician.
- Appropriately document all work performed (i.e., Field Service Reports/inspection and audit forms).
- Perform mechanical work including fabricating, welding, and painting.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Two (2) year college technical degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Technology, or Mechanical Technology preferred
- Three to ten (3-10) years of millwright/ material handling maintenance experience
- Equivalent military experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and detailed repair drawings related to material handling equipment.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Must possess strong welding skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the ability to comply with DOT regulations.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB
- Requires overnight travel for field service work, preventative maintenance visits, equipment installation, and troubleshooting
- Complete field service reports and expense reports immediately
- Must be a team player
- Attendance and punctuality are required
- Must own basic hand tools
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with diverse internal and external groups
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and industry-related technical instructions and specifications in mathematical or diagram form to understand and define product requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer knowledge including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED
This position requires the regular use of a DOT compliant company vehicle, towing of a trailer, conveyor specialty tools, ability to use computer/tablet, installation equipment, phone, and copier. Daily use of hand tools, measurement instruments (such as indicators, calipers, micrometers, tape measure, scales, etc.). Daily use of power tools to include drills, grinders, welders, impact wrenches, and more. Use/operation of heavy equipment such as forklifts, aerial and scissor lifts.
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.