W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an EXPERIENCED - Fire Sprinkler Inspector at our office in Hawthorne, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
FIRE SPRINKLER INSPECTOR:
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Having a respectful and professional demeanor at all times
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs
- Thoroughly completing Inspections Reports in a timely manner
- Effectively communicating with our customers about their facility deficiencies
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and applying experience, knowledge, and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in a timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, inspection reports, etc.)
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer. • Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and company vehicle in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Complete in-house training program on fire protection system inspections. • Complete manufacturer training on fire protection systems as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by department coordinator/manager.
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision (after training period is completed)
- Mechanical & math aptitude • Professional and organized
- Reliable, Punctual and Motivated Individual
- Valid state driver’s license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry required.
- Any trade experience preferred; at least 2 years' trade experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- OSHA 10/30 preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness preferred (or willingness to obtain)
- Additional trainings i.e., Backflow, Fire Pump, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights as required.
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking buildings and stairs, some ladder work may be required.
- May need to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Travel to multiple job sites in a day, some overnight travel may be required with plenty of notice prior.
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day.
Why work for W&M Protection?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced individuals.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and other benefits.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- 401(k) w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
- Full array of voluntary benefits
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"