Lead Inspection Technician
Work for an industry leading company and team dedicated to assisting your development as a professional fire protection and life safety systems inspector.
Pay Range: $20.00/HR – $25.00/HR
Prior fire protection and life safety inspection, testing and maintenance experience required. Starting pay dependent upon level of experience, education, and industry license/certifications.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Stock Share Plan, Stock Purchase Plan and Paid Time Off.
A Lead Inspection Technician’s duties are inspection, testing, and maintenance of wet/dry fire sprinkler, fire pumps, fire alarm, clean agent, suppression, foam, portable/fixed extinguisher, emergency lighting, backflow prevention, kitchen hood, and fire door systems using industry approved methods while properly completing NFPA/AHJ approved inspection reports. A lead Inspector is responsible for gathering correct information for deficiencies identified during inspections so the service departments can generate accurate service proposals.
About Security Fire:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s lives and property. Over the past 50 years we have built our reputation by taking on challenging projects (Link for most recent) and diligently inspecting & maintaining existing systems. Our reputation has been accomplished in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire Protection please click here.
- Must be able and willing to work both independently or as part of a crew.
- Must have basic computer skills as all inspection service reports are performed on hand held devices.
- Must interact professionally and respectfully with customers, tenants, property managers, owners, owners representatives and the local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Industry manufacturing specific training and/or certifications is a value add.
- Willingness and ability to obtain NICET I, II, and III water-based and fire alarm inspection, testing and maintenance certifications, if not currently certified.
- Must be able to successfully secure sprinkler, fire alarm, portable extinguisher, fixed extinguisher, backflow prevention, and specific state required license/certification.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and trainer for new team members.
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
- Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required.
- Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.