- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal oriented collections department, and processing billing as necessary.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, customer reconciliations.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers and sales.
- Additional Treasury functions as needed.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- High volume phone calls to assigned past due customers
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to customers and sales
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Process customer payments, credit cards, check by phone.
- 3-5 years High Volume corporate Collections experience.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with Excel required
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Associate Degree in related field