Sioux Falls Food Co-op is a consumer-owned cooperative business that is managed by the people who shop with us. We pride ourselves on being the best place in Sioux Falls to find local produce and products. We are currently looking for a great team member to join us as an full-time Assistant Buyer.
The Assistant Buyer will strive to maintain a clean, well-stocked store while providing the guests with exceptional customer service.
As an Assistant Buyer, job responsibilities include the following:
- Stock shelves, receive orders, maintain organized backstock, properly label slacked and fresh items.
- Process online orders, bring pickup orders to customers vehicles.
- Answer all incoming phone calls to the grocery department and to the general co-op phone line.
- Accept and process special orders for the grocery department.
- To properly ring customer orders at the checkout stations.
- Be present and prepared to begin work at the start of shifts.
- Prepare consistent and high-quality grocery offerings that meet quality standards.
- Maintain a high level of production to keep produce/dairy/frozen cases stocked and abundant.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace throughout shift.
- Use proper storage, cooling, and labeling procedures.
- Ensure that unsellable items are properly disposed of.
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Comply with Health Department regulations.
- Willingness to increase product knowledge over time.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Participate in Quarterly Inventories.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management Staff.
This position might be for you if:
- You want to be part of an amazing team that brings local food to your community every day
- You are committed to providing superior customer service
- You are motivated and driven
- You are a positive role model to other employees as well as customers
GROCERY ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work with others in close quarters effectively.
- Ability to project an outgoing, friendly, helpful personality.
- Ability to handle & prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to follow stocking lists.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
GROCERY DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior retail, service, catering, restaurant, or co-op experience.
- Handles self in professional manner.
- Organized, attention to detail.
- Regular, predictable attendance; flexibility in scheduling.
GROCERY PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
Salary: $17-$21 per hour depending on qualifications. (Note: This is a full-time position)
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full time employees which includes health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan with company match and gym membership.