Detailed, disciplined, focused...does this sound like you? Are you looking for an established firm that values quality work and provides opportunities to grow your skill set? If your answer is yes, VAA has a position that might be right for you. We're looking for an analytical entry to mid-level technicians/designers to join our team!
The Mechanical team designs material handling, process ventilation and building safety systems, process, and utility piping and heat exchangers, and building HVAC and plumbing systems for agribusiness, industrial, and commercial facilities.
- Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards.
- Identify redlines on drawings created by others and accurately make required changes.
- Coordinate plotter maintenance and project archiving as requested.
- Occasional travel to construction job sites.
Additional Designer Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
- Review and back-check Technician’s work.
- Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
- Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
- Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
- Review shop drawings.
- Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
- Technician: Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher OR at least one year of directly related experience
- Designer: Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least three years of directly related experience OR at least four years of directly related experience
- Process and Utility Piping design, HVAC design and/or plumbing design experience
BENEFITS: Flexible schedules, competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), profit-sharing, paid holidays, PTO, wellness programs, LinkedIn Learning subscription, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities and more.
VAA, LLC: More than Engineering
We want you to find your niche at VAA. Every member of our talented team brings their real selves to the workplace, and we believe in putting people in the right place to do their best work. Our business is built on lasting relationships and authenticity with clients and each other.
But it’s not all calcs and CAD. From partnering with local organizations during our annual Community Caring Campaign to offering employees charitable PTO and outreach events, we strive to improve the lives and places around us. Explore our website to learn more about us!
Outstanding Clients, Diverse People, Growing Company
VAA, named one of the Top 200 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune, offers multi-discipline engineering services to owners, contractors and architects throughout the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we design commercial spaces along with agribusiness and industrial bulk-commodity processing facilities coast-to-coast for clients from the Fortune 500 to local cooperatives and brands.
#VAA #Engineers #MechanicalDesigner #Designer #Technician
VAA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, public assistance status or any other status protected by applicable law.