Interstate Sealant and Concrete, Inc., is a specialty construction contractor that provides services to maintain, repair, and seal existing concrete and asphalt pavements on airports, military bases and highways nationwide. Interstate strives to maintain the highest level of Quality with a priority on safety, fair and competitive wages. Many Benefits including 4% matching 401K.
Interstate is committed to:
- Always treating our Customers, Suppliers, Employees and Subcontractors as we wish to be treated;
- Being a world-class leader in company culture, we give a damn about you!
- Connecting people and families by roads, highways and airports nationwide.
General Information – Field Laborer
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Entry Level
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Salary Range: $18-$20/hr starting. Wage negotiable based on previous experience.
Per diem up to $245.00/week (tax-free)
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Perform skilled and unskilled work of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of various tasks and projects. Assist PM’s and Foreman; work as a team to have the most successful outcome of a roadway or airport project.
- Repeatedly stand, walk and sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, bend body downward and forward, bending at the knees, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to rotate from tasks including driving with trailer to lifting boxes, working with sealing equipment, small machinery, flagging, concrete repair including occasional jackhammer usage.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions and work as a team for the good of the project.
- Must be able to maintain and fill out fleet reports for vehicles and report any maintenance issues/cleaning of vehicle.
- Able to properly use tools and equipment.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Required, valid driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to travel out of state
- Must pass the pre-employment physical examination
- Must pass the pre-employment drug/alcohol test, and random tests
Career Levels 1 -4:
ISC has developed a Career path for each new field laborer and supports employee development through training, hands-on skills training and a variety of educational pathways.
- Able to work on road and airport projects that include widening and removal of old seal by sandblasting or compressed air or pressure washing behind sawman
- Able to use jackhammer to remove corners of spall repair and prepare spall to accept concrete or alternative fast setting product
- Able to provide general skills of supporting general laborer Level 1-4 in a team approach
- Able to assist in flagging or work-zone setup with more experienced laborer
- Maintain safety standards set by ISC safety policies
- Attend and participate in safety meetings and supervisory meetings as required
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor direction
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with 4% matching
- Life Insurance
- LT/ST Disability Insurance
We treat all our employees the same way. As a merit-based shop, we pay attention to work done, effort given, and attitude presented. Our employees are well-trained, respectfully managed, and always treated as part of the success. Company culture is important. This is your “work family”