Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 years of supervisory construction or equivalent experience as a lead.
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Pay Rate: $25-$30 per hour depending on experience
Per diem up to $245/week (tax-free)
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Interstate Sealant and Concrete, Inc., is a specialty construction contractor that provides services to maintain, repair, and seal existing concrete and asphalt pavements on airports, military bases and highways nationwide. Interstate strives to maintain the highest level of Quality with a priority on safety; fair and competitive wages. Many Benefits including 4% matching 401k.
Interstate is committed to:
- Always treating our Customers, Suppliers, Employees, Subcontractors, and Associates as we wish to be treated;
- By being world-class leader in company culture, we give a damn about you!
- Connecting people and families by roads, highways, and airports nationwide.
Provide day to day operation of a designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget. Schedule, coordinate and supervise work crews providing overall technical direction. Must be able to perform all general labor tasks and fill in as necessary. Assist other Project Managers and office staff in providing all written documentation; work as a team to have the most successful outcome of a roadway or airport project.
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications, Licensures
- 2 years supervisory construction experience or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction technology, equipment and methods of application plus hands-on experience in craft and labor coordination.
- Thorough understanding of Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and analytical skills are a necessity including the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Repeatedly stand, walk and sit, climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, bend body downward and forward, bending at the knees, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to rotate from tasks including driving with trailer to lifting boxes, working with sealing equipment, small machinery, flagging, concrete repair including occasional jackhammer usage.
- Must be able to maintain and fill out fleet reports for vehicles, daily reports and timesheets as well as report any maintenance issues/cleaning of vehicle.
- Able to properly use tools and equipment.
- Ability to wear active personal protective equipment. (hard hat, hearing protection, safety vest, goggles/safety glasses, respirator, etc.)
- Must pass a DOT physical qualifications to maintain a valid driver's license
Essential Functions for Field Supervisor include the following:
- Direct small-large projects utilizing ISC and sub-contractors. Communicating daily, as needed, with VP of Operations, Project Manager, Project Contract Administrator and office staff. Projects may be assigned anywhere given the supervisor experience.
- Maintain communications with Owner of project and Prime Contractor contacts to facilitate repair/sealing activities.
- Oversee/monitor/control projects in accordance with design of plans, specs and schedule to ensure it is on time and within budget. Investigate potential problems and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, negotiations, problem solving in field operations, etc.
- Assist in resolving problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required. Must be able to motivate work force in team huddles approach in beginning and at the end of day.
- Conduct Monday morning Toolbox Safety Talks, submitting weekly documentation.
- Lead employees with sound judgment and personal character and integrity. Maintain agreeable work conditions for all.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with 4% matching
- Life Insurance
- LT/ST Disability Insurance
We treat all of our employees the same way. As a merit-based shop, we pay attention to work done, effort given, and attitude presented. Our employees are well-trained, respectfully manager, and always treated as part of the success. Company culture is important. This is your "work family".