GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Performs duties of a trained diesel mechanic looking to expand their knowledge by being involved in the inspecting, repairing, and maintaining a variety of construction equipment, diesel generators, and fleet vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing weatherization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
- Maintains vehicle/equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle/equipment records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading and understanding technical and regulation publications.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Diesel Engine repair training or equal experience
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment, criminal and driving background review
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in extreme all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Work a 40 hour work week, with flexible hours as needed
- Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds with or without assistance
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces, frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment, and work from various heights including making repairs on top of equipment, machines and vehicles.
- Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
Employment with PGC General Contractors, LLC. is considered at will, meaning that either the company or I may terminate this employment relationship at any time with or without cause or notice.