Tarlton Corporation has served as a St. Louis-based general contracting and construction management firm since 1946. We have built strong ties to the region, excellent working relationships with a wide-ranging list of established and new clients, a commitment to project and workforce diversity, and a carefully laid foundation to promote continued growth. Tarlton is a Women's Business Enterprise as certified by the City of St. Louis, State of Missouri and Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
Tarlton is a closely held, client-driven corporation employing an average of 300 people. Our organizational structure is relatively flat so clients and personnel can benefit from continual access to our executives, who take an active role in all Tarlton operations.
Our range of preconstruction and construction services in the commercial, institutional, industrial, life sciences, healthcare and concrete markets is extensive. Tarlton works on projects diverse in scope and size, in both renovation and new construction.
Our philosophy is simple: Take care of the client first and treat others as we would like to be treated. No project is too large or too small if it’s work a client wants completed.
Join our team!
MAJOR GOALS AND PURPOSE
Support the project management team to which you are assigned in all functions, but specifically to ensure timely and professional communication between customers, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and internal departments.
- Coordinate project start-up.
- Orientation - training Tarlton personnel, design team, subcontractors and other company personnel as needed.
- Assist in getting ID badges as needed.
- Assist with new project team employees.
- Maintain all project documentation for assigned projects.
- Set up projects in Viewpoint and maintain all project documentation in the system.
- Set up projects in Procore.
- Create and process all letters of intent, subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, change proposals, etc., in Viewpoint.
- Workforce tracking.
- Process all safety and quality paperwork.
- Preparation of monthly owner invoices and subcontractor billing.
- With direction, prepare agenda for project meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Assist with calendar management for project management/engineering staff.
- Schedule other project meetings as needed.
- Track subcontractor insurance certificates, lien waivers, second tier lien waivers, etc., for compliance.
- Assist with the preparation of bids as needed.
- Assist with closeouts and punch lists.
- Various other administrative functions as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS, ATTITUDES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Solid self-management, organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong proofreading skills to thoroughly check accuracy of data.
- Congenial, dependable organized and efficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines with a positive attitude.
- Multi-tasking a must and flexible to changing conditions.
PREREQUISITES (i.e., Education, Experience)
- Five years administrative experience preferably in construction industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, Viewpoint construction software and Project Management software a plus.
- Construction Accounting experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. If required, the employee may be located in a trailer at a job site location, or maintain an office at the owner’s facility
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Great Company Culture!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and LTD
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement