CDL Driver – Johnson City, TN
CDL Driver will provide hauling service on our demolition/abatement projects performed by the Johnson City, TN Division. CDL Driver will communicate with Operations Manager to determine their trucking needs and plan hauling accordingly.
Qualified candidate will also have prior, demonstrated experience in diesel mechanics repair and have proficiency in the use of all types of repair tools. This position will be responsible for being able to diagnose and repair all types of maintenance issues on the truck in all weather conditions in the safest manner.
- Safely operate roll-off truck while servicing our abatement and demolition projects.
- Ensure his/her vehicle is in compliance with Company, State, and Federal safety regulations prior to operating vehicle. Complete daily Vehicle Condition Report and enter into GPS system.
- Perform complete pre and post trip inspection of vehicle to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on Vehicle Condition Report.
- Maintain all small tools assigned to each roll-off truck. Report any missing tools so they can be replaced.
- Courteously interact with Demolition Superintendents and others to ensure hauling needs can be met in a timely manner.
- Make Demolition Superintendent aware of any safety issues on his job site. These may include site conditions, need for ground guides/flaggers, local traffic patterns, container loading, overhead wires. If a safety issue has been identified, you do NOT need to operate on the job site until the safety issue has been addressed.
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits and may require weekend, evening, holiday, and/or out of town work.
- Complete daily route sheet detailing which job sites received hauling service each day.
- Ensure all disposal and scrap tickets have job numbers noted on them. Return original disposal and scrap tickets to Demolition Superintendent or office personnel.
- Ensure a PO# is assigned to any vehicle/tire repair or maintenance.
- Use company fuel cards in accordance with policy.
- Complete company safety training as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Must maintain a valid Class A or Class B CDL and current DOT Medical Card. Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history, and motor vehicle record review. Must be able to function within a teamwork oriented environment in order to safely complete our work in an efficient manner.