HORSEPOWER SITE SERVICES is a full-service site development construction company. We offer a full range of construction services, including mass and fine grading, utilities, stone, curb and gutter and asphalt construction.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager with experience in civil construction to join our team in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Project Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing cost/change control, including change order review, negotiation and recommendations, delay analysis and ensure tracking of all key project documents (including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, are being enforced).
- Create and maintain weekly schedules to ensure Budget Management and Tracking.
- Coordinating with Superintendents regarding schedules, labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
- Perform take-offs and estimating bid development.
- Work with Heavy Job and Heavy Bid
- Review costs daily
- Review quality daily – quantities, pictures
- Inform General Superintendents and Field Operations Manager of significant budget busts and quality issues
- Control Extra Work Orders
- Write and have signed all EWO’s before work is started
- Print and have all Recaps signed daily
- Document Control
- Plan revisions / pricing / distribution GS, FS, As-built Table
- File electronic copies of all Project Documentation procured by FS listed above
- Procure and file electronic copies of ROW / Street Cut / Fire Line / Domestic Service / Permits / etc.
- Address project issues
- Schedule related
- Cost related
- Quality related
- Project management
- Review percent complete on phase codes with FS
- Invoice approval / Tracking
- Projections of each project on a weekly basis with FS/GS buy in
- Conduct weekly key project update meetings or every morning recap meetings
- Control extra work orders
- Review quality of HJ input daily – pictures, quantities, notes
- Inform General Superintendent and Field Operation Manager of significant budget busts or quality issues
- Attend and facilitate project related meetings with all project stakeholders
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience with Civil and/or Site Development
- Experience with underground utilities, earthwork, roadway reconstruction and civil construction required
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and HCSS
- Superior customer service skills required
- Must be able to effectively communicate and manage subcontractors
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Based on Experience
Horsepower Site Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.