At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Service and Inspection Coordinator at our office in Rochester, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Administrative Assistant has the responsibility to perform a variety of clerical duties in order to assist in the general operation of the office while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assists the Inspections and Service Departments during heavy workloads to include; opening new jobs in the system, ensuring correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job; assisting with inspection reports.
- Customer service to include: invoicing the customer quickly and accurately, collections of past-due monies, understand and able to answer questions related to the invoice.
- Collects W9 forms, Certificate of Insurance and Exempt Sales Tax certificates as required.
- Greets visitors or callers and handles their inquiries or directs them to the appropriate person according to their needs.
- Assists in sorting and routing mail; collecting payments and sending to accounts receivable
- May assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, liens, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
Why work for Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced individuals.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and other benefits.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry a plus
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft products
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
- May require occasional driving to obtain job permits
What do we offer?
- Medical Insurance with Health Savings Account Options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Life and Voluntary Life
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase options
- Wellness programs
- Paid time off and paid holidays
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"